New This Week

After spending hours and weeks with our sources, we wrote -- and then wrote some more -- about them. Check out our feature articles on a range of topics and personalities below!

Monday, April 25, 2011

Rarities and Oddities: BNC Targets Auraria Campus Students

The Ballet Nouveau Colorado is targeting the Auraria campus for their April 22-24 performance of Rarities and Oddities. Many 11" x 17" posters plaster the campus with a style that may be lost on the average student.

If this was not a commuter campus, I feel that this campaign might have a chance. The poster is cute, mysterious and fun. It catches your attention, you have to study it, and it is memorable. All the things you want when conveying a message to the public.

 Why This Message Failed

I am busy student. My time is at a premium. The BNC poster requires time to digest it's meaning. Is this time that I could be spending reading an assignment? I see a couple in miniature with odd cloths, leaping from the . hands of a much larger women in tinted goggles. Odd and rare indeed, but do I want to see this performance. I do like the arts, and I love ballet. Auraria is a commuter campus, students work, struggle to pay bills, and study. The ballet is a hard-sell. There was no information about student discounts, matinee times, or an on-campus performance to generate interest.

They were advertising on campus, but forgot the audience.


No comments:

Post a Comment