New This Week

After spending hours and weeks with our sources, we wrote -- and then wrote some more -- about them. Check out our feature articles on a range of topics and personalities below!

Monday, February 14, 2011

Bieber teaches us all to "Never Say Never"






This weekend preteen girls and their mothers “Bieber Fever” went to an all time high. If you don’t know who Justin Bieber is, you’re living under a rock and the same goes if you didn’t know his 3D movie “Never Say Never” hit theaters this weekend. I was lucky enough to view the movie this Wednesday, two days prior to the movies release to see what all the hype is about. More "Bieber Fever" after the Jump!


The theater was shockingly empty compared to the time I saw Miley Cyrus’ “Hannah Montana 3D experience.” There was no line outside of the theater, and I arrived 2 hours early hoping I’d get a good spot. I got the best seating, because no one was inside when I arrived.
People began to arrive around 11 PM (an hour before the movie was going to start). To my surprise not many of the people attending the movie were under the age of 12. I interviewed a young girl named Amanda (15) who had one main point to get across, “He is just so amazing and no one understands how truly talented he is.” She also said she was excited more for other people to see the movie than herself because they may “finally understand” how talented he is. As more and more people arrived into the 125 seat theater, I decided to take my seat and enjoy the movie.
The movie begins with Biebers birth, and how instantly talented he appeared to his family and friends. You see 4 year old Bieber playing “drums” on a chair seat with perfect rhythm and timing. That is not something that any 4 year old can do. It also quickly informs the audience that Bieber has never has any singing or instrument lessons (he can play 10 including drums, guitar and keys). Various concert footage from his; “My World Tour” is shown throughout the movie showing Biebers strong stage persona and talent. He performs 5 times a week, and hates to cancel shows. The most “dramatic” part of the movie occurs when he has to cancel two shows due to vocal rest demand by his vocal coach and doctor.
The movie ends with Bieber performing his #1 single “Baby” and the entire movie theater crowd was clapping like they were actually at the show (which I also had the lucky chance to see this summer, along with a special meet & greet with Bieber himself). Everyone had the same reaction to the movie as I expected. “Great!” and “I respect him a lot more now” (a response from a mother). Overall it gives a great inside look into this talented teenager’s life, and will most defiantly change people’s minds about the 16 year old.
Saige Gerwig

No comments:

Post a Comment