New This Week

After spending hours and weeks with our sources, we wrote -- and then wrote some more -- about them. Check out our feature articles on a range of topics and personalities below!

Monday, January 24, 2011

My First Choice For News

As a journalist, I would get my leads from the following websites:
I would use the Denver Government website for local information regarding political situations, as well as crime sources.
I would use RTD’s website to help discover public transportation matters including new additions, problems with daily transits, etc.
The NOAA’s national weather site would be a good source to find local weather, as well as compare it to weather nationwide.
The main Colorado website would be a great place to research all my local inquiries such as unemployment, tourism, events, elections, etc.
The National Geographic website would be great for unique stories, such as unveiling the past, or exploring new phenomenon.
As a consumer, I would get my information from these websites:
MSN is my homepage on almost every computer I use, so that is my main source for entertainment and breaking news.
The Denver Post is a trusted source to me as a consumer because it’s the most commonly known newspaper since the Rocky Mountain News shut down.
EPSN is great for sports people since it’s all the sports in one place, but personally, being only interested in the NFL, NFL is the main site I rely on for my regular and between season coverage.
Mapquest always gives me the runaround, literally, so I rely on Google Maps to get me where I don’t know I’m going.
To find out what’s going on in my city, a convenient place with all the information would be Denver’s main website.

No comments:

Post a Comment