New This Week

After spending hours and weeks with our sources, we wrote -- and then wrote some more -- about them. Check out our feature articles on a range of topics and personalities below!

Monday, January 24, 2011

My Sources and Me

As a journalist I am interested in many different topic areas. Sources I would consider for basic/essential news stories would come from NPR interviews, or any other reliable interviews I find appropriate to a story. Government documents and almanacs can come from the Mirlyn databases that show official legislation documents, census info, and the like for the most official sources. Basic financial sites are useful for the stock returns, such as Yahoo or Google. Information on trends in music, new albums, artists, and any late breaking news can be found at Billboard.

As a consumer I get my feeds from a couple standard news sources that report on the big local, national and international stories like the AP and MSNBC. I will also check the New York Times or Denver Post. As for my specific interests, when it comes to video games and electronics I like to use Rooster Teeth or Gizmodo for new gadgets and games, their bugs, new uses, and much more. When I’m in the mood for some sports action ESPN always has extensive coverage of everything I need. For the lastest in movie news, new projects and press releases, I always check IMBD.

No comments:

Post a Comment